With its port and its white houses overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, Bonifacio is a city not to be missed when visiting Corsica. But what to do in Bonifacio? No need to ask the question for a long time: there are so many things to see and do in this charming city that the best is to discover Bonifacio by boat!
Here are 10 good reasons to take a cruise in Bonifacio:
1. The city is an architectural jewel with its white houses and its marina.
2. The Citadel of Bonifacio, perched on a rocky promontory, offers a breathtaking view of the Mediterranean.
3. The caves of Bonifacio are home to impressive stalactites and stalagmites.
4. The “Sentier des Douaniers”, which runs along the south coast of the island, offers a magnificent panorama on the sea.
5. The beaches of Bonifacio, like the beach of Rondinara, are among the most beautiful in Corsica.
6. The island of Lavezzi, located a few kilometers off Bonifacio, is a paradise for snorkeling and scuba diving enthusiasts.
7. Cap Bénat, a protected natural site, offers a panoramic view of the island’s southern coast.
8. The Genoese tower, built by the Genoese in the 14th century, is a testimony of the importance of Bonifacio in the Middle Ages.
9. The Grotte des Pigeons, located near the Citadel, is home to a colony of wild pigeons.
10. Finally, Bonifacio is an excellent starting point to explore the neighboring islands, such as Elba or Sardinia.
Where to rent a yacht in Bonifacio?
There are several ports in Bonifacio where you can rent a yacht. The Bonifacio marina is the most popular and offers a wide choice of boats of all sizes and for all budgets. If you want to rent a charter a yacht in Bonifacio with Arthaud Yachting, Bonifacio is the place to be. You can also go to the Porto Vecchio Marina, located a few kilometers northeast of Bonifacio. This harbor is home to many luxury yachts and offers an idyllic setting for a vacation at sea.
Some tips for renting a yacht in Bonifacio
If you have never rented a boat before, here are some tips to help you find the perfect yacht for your vacation:
- Decide on the type of boat you want to rent. Sailboat, catamaran, yacht?
- Decide how many people will be on board.
- Take into account the budget you have.
- Don’t forget to ask for a boat insurance to cover possible damages.
- Finally, check out the websites and discussion forums dedicated to sailing and navigation at sea. You will find valuable advice on how to choose the ideal boat and make the most of your cruise!
5 good reasons to rent your boat with a professional skipper
1. You will benefit from the experience of a professional skipper who knows the area perfectly.
2. You will be able to concentrate on the activities you like and let the skipper take care of all the formalities.
3. You will have the assurance of a boat in perfect working order and regularly maintained.
4. You can enjoy your cruise without worrying about technical problems.
5. Finally, you will have peace of mind throughout your charter, because the professional skipper will be there to look after you and your boat.